How to reheat steak in the oven? It’s the best way to reheat steak. It doesn’t take long, and it reheats steak evenly throughout. Make sure to bring the steak to room temperature before reheating. When the oven is up to temperature, place the steak and cook for 15-25 minutes, depending on the steak size.
However, keep in mind that reheated steak does not taste nearly as good as a freshly cooked steak. It can become a dry and tasteless piece of meat if not reheated properly. So make sure to follow a step-by-step guide where I’ll show you how to reheat steak in the oven without drying it out:
Reheating Steak in The Oven
- Bring steak to room temperature. It’s an essential step because it’ll allow for the steak to cook evenly;
- Preheat oven to oven to 275° Fahrenheit. If the temperature is too high, the steak will cook much faster on the outside, making it chewy;
- Place a wire rack on top of the baking sheet. It allows the hot air to circulate around the steak, causing it to heat evenly. If the steak is placed on a baking sheet, it heats up unevenly, making the top and sides of the steak cook faster than the bottom;
- Place the baking sheet onto the middle rack in the oven. Depending on the steak size, reheat leftover steak for 15-25 minutes;
- Check the steak’s internal temperature. Use a meat thermometer to check the meat’s temperature. Take it out if it’s 115° degrees Fahrenheit or more;
- This step is optional. Preheat a cast-iron skillet until smoking hot. Add a few tablespoons of high smoke point cooking oil to the pan. Place the steak in a pan and sear for 30 seconds to a minute on each side;
- Leave the steak to rest for 5-10 minutes. It’ll allow the steak juices to redistribute evenly throughout the steak’s interior.
How To Store Steak Properly
Store leftover steaks in an airtight container. Remove as much air as possible to prevent the steak from going bad (here’s an article on how to tell if a steak is bad). According to USDA, you can keep steak in a fridge for up to 4 days while it can last in a freezer for up to 12 months, given that you store it correctly.
How long does it take to reheat steak in the oven?
Depending on the steak size, it can take up to 25 minutes to reheat the steak in the oven. Keep in mind you should reheat the steak at a low temperature (275° Fahrenheit).
How do you reheat steak in the oven without drying it out?
First, bring the steak to room temperature. Place steak on a wire rack so that hot air could circulate around the steak, making it heat evenly. Reheat your steak at 275° Fahrenheit for 15-25 minutes or until it’s reached optimal temperature.